Thursday, July 21, 2011

Feeling Gross feels so Good!

It only take a mile. Sometimes not even that much and I start to sweat. I think I should head back and talk about the history of my life up to this spectacular moment. I am a runner. I run miles and miles, and sometimes I don't run miles at all. In my day, the ones that I was a track star, I ran hurdles, and a quarter mile was about all that I ever ran. Thinking back on that glorious moment of my life, I enjoyed so much the feeling of being utterly spent and just laying on the ground... just done.

Just done... that is such an odd way to feel. Not often in your life will you feel this way and be completely happy about your inability to move even the smallest of your muscles. The decathalon was the hardest thing I ever accomplished, and I did it the best that I could. Today, I realize things that I could have done different and it's unfortunate, but I can't go back and change them, all I can do is go forward.

The other day, I went for a run. Running never bothered me, I can run. And I can run for a long time, even after a long absence from the activitiy. 3 miles is just a good stretch of the legs, and unfortunately, I picked a day that the temp had climbed into the 90's. When you are a little out of shape and you go running on a hot day, you are going to sweat.

When I got done I felt gross. That feeling you get when you've been working all day and you can feel the grime between your toes, on your back, just chilling out, and then the worst of all, you feel gross in your mouth because you started to sweat in places that you didn't think you could sweat in. I fell great.

In my life I have pushed my body to the outer limit of it's endurance. I have tried to break it in so many ways, but I have been up to task on all of them. What I am usually left with is that feeling when you have sweat just a little too much and want to shower in the worst way. It feels great, I can't get enough and I must run more, I must push myself more, and I have to feel that moment, when I am utterly spent and my body is crying out, "quit" and I tell it to shut the hell up because I love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment