Saturday, March 26, 2011

Two Questions

Whose life are you meant to be in?
Who is meant to be in your life?

These were the two questions that were posed at worship tonight during Work and Worship weekend at Wildhorse Canyon. It is actually called Washington Family Ranch, but I just can't bring myself to calling it that. I haven't as of yet figured out the answer to the first question, but I have recently become involved in a ministry called Mark 2

(While he was preaching God's word to them, four men arrived carrying a paralyzed man on a mat. They couldn't bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, so they dug a hole through the roof above his head. Then they lowered the man on his mat, right down in front of Jesus. Mark 2-4).

2 is about helping those who can't really help themselves by giving them a ministry to be involved in. I work with two men who have disabilities of some kind and worked with another who is looking at coming to join. I don't know that I'm meant to be in their life, but I know that they are meant to be in mine. For just a day now I've worked with them and already found several places in my life that I need to work on. I'm sure that I will be assailed with more and more things that I need to work on, but I will work through these things that I have been informed of for now.

Ron Sauer, Jerry Tubbs, Steve Ericson, and I'm sure if I thought about it I could put down about 30 other names. At one time or another I have had people come into my life that have affected me in ways that helped me grow in Christ. These two guys are another couple guys. I wish I could say that I was meant to be in these guys lives, someday, I hope I find one person, one day who will say my name as an answer to that second question, in the mean time I will do what I can to learn rom those who were meant to be in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment