Sunday, April 25, 2010

Talking it Over

"Early in the morning talkin' it over, Me and God. Late at night talkin' it over, Me and God. We go together like two peas in a pod, me and God". This is a line from a country music song. Yes, I listen to country, and it really speaks to how I wish my relationship with God was. I have a really hard time talking to him because I'm not so sure he wants to hear what I've got going on.

Then I start to realize that He created me to have a relationship with ME. God wants nothing more than to hear every little detail about my life. Anything short of sin is prayer I've been told. Sure, he sees what I do every minute of every day, but I think that perhaps he wants to hear me say how I feel about some of these things.

Friday afternoon I had coffee with a friend of mine from church and one comment that he shared with me was, "Do I ever ask what God is doing in someone's life?" No, I never do that. It's such a simple thing that you never think to ask God what he is doing, instead of telling him what you need him to do. There is so much going on behind the scenes that you just can't imagine every little bit of it. God is infinite, and if he doesn't want to let me in on some tiny detail about what he's doing, that's quite all right with me, I probably wouldn't understand it anyway.

For now, I'm just going to be content with spending time with God, Talkin' it over. I like bouncing ideas off of people and there aren't a lot of people that will sit and listen to every tiny annoyance in my life and stick around. If she ever comes along then I'll marry her that minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment