Friday, November 27, 2009

Slowing Down

I'm moving forward. I have a full head of steam and I know that my life is going to get better in the near future. I know so well in fact that God has such great things planned for me that I'm not afraid to tell people about it. This comes of very poorly and looks as if I'm boasting, but indeed, these great things can be had by everyone. Simply put your faith in God and he'll put you on the path that will truly bless you.

Struggling seems to be the way of things for me over the last couple years. I reacted very poorly to a situation and threw myself into another situation. Thinking I could solve that problem with action, I threw myself into another course wich just ended in more disaster. The bottom is very dark, but looking up I can see plenty of light and a whole lot of people there to lift me up.

Now that I'm ready to move along, my plan is to slow down. Here is where I enter all the cliche phrases that everyone loves to say, but they are very true. When is the last time you climbed a tree? Listened to the rain? Sat with someone and never said a word? I'm going to take time for me, remember all the things that make me, me, and move forward as slowly as possible.

I sit here now listening to the raid outside and realize that I grew up listening to it and enjoying it hit my window, drip off the corners of the house and put me to sleep. I slept well back them, maybe because the things that I thought were important didn't weigh me down like they do now, or they just weren't that important. The rain still hits my window and drips off my house. It hasn't changed, so I'm forced to concede that I've changed. I went and got myself all growed up to where I have to be responsilbe. I shouldn't be awake at 1 in the morning, but I am, and the rain is far more soothing than someone talking my ear off. I love the company of other people. I like hearing about them, about their day and about their likes and dislikes, but right now I'm loving the rain, dripping off the side of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment