Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wanderings

For the past several months I've been wandering around with really no direction. Day to day, was... well... only day to day. I had no thoughts of next week, or the week after, all I had was some obscure hope of things to come far down the road. I don't know when they were going to happen, just that I hoped that they would.

For a while I've been meeting with Jerry Tubbs. He's been acting as a mentor to me as I try to find footing on a spiritual path that not only glorifies God, but gives me some sort of direction. With his help I've learned to trust God and I've also learned that I can hear him much more clearly than I ever thought possible. Jerry has been a blessing in my life like few others.

So what do I do with this? That day out in the future is starting to shape itself around me. By hearing God speak to me I've found a place that not only lifts up my fellow believers, but helps my own faith as well. Doing the Lords work is truly a blessing, and all the things that I've fought to get under control in my life, I've surrendered to his wisdom, and wouldn't you know it, they are resolving quite nicely. There's still a few things that I need to fine tune, but for the most part with His wonderful help, I'm getting by just fine.

This next stage in my life is a greater mystery than the last, but I feel confident that I'm not going alone and the people that are around me will not only lift me up, but also pray with me when things are starting to go South, which would give me a new opportunity to trust in God's wisdom and develop a greater faith in him. He has blessed me greatly and I am eternally strengthened through him.

No comments:

Post a Comment