Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010

At the beginning of 2009 I set out a list of things that I would like to do in the new year. I did that because I wanted to feel more like I accomplished doing something than failed to stick to a resolution. Who, after all, sticks to a resolution? I'm sure there are a few, but for the most part, 3 weeks in, something happens and your diet fails, you miss a few days of working out, or any number of other things that keep you from sticking to a resolution.

For this year, I'm making the same sort of list of things to do. There are a lot of things that I didn't do in 2009 that I really wanted to get done. Some of thie things that I really had sought to accomplish, I would say that I failed at. On the other hand, I gave myself a chance to succeed where a lot of other people just do not. I put so many things on my list, some of which I had already started to accomplish, I cheated, yes, but I did things in 2009 that I set out to do.

I'm hoping to roll what little success that I had last year into more success for this next one.

Top 10
Run a Marathon
Find gainful employment
Own my own car
More time with God
Noticable character changes
Teach a church class
Repay much of my debt
Get my own place
Finish my book
Go on a mission

The idea isn't to make a list of things that are done easily. I am not someone who historically has done things the easy way. My life fell apart once and I gave up on who I was. It hurts to admit but who I became over the last few years is someone that I wouldn't have been friends with growing up. I wish to change who people see me as, but more important, I wish to change who I see myeslf as. So cheers to 2K10, and I hope you enjoy yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment