Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More on Fear

These last few weeks I've been taking a class called Restoration. I'm learning all about my faith and how to finally do a lot of the things that many Christians do as second nature, that I somehow missed. I'm learning, and I love the new things that I'm learning about how to get closer to God.

I read books, a lot a lot of books, not a typo, just typed double. I love reading. A few years ago I read something about fear. The question was, 'what is the opposite of fear?'. The answer given in the book is 'Love'. My friend Cliff and I discussed it, and we finally settled on it being a satisfactory answer.

It wasn't until very recently that I started thinking about that question a little bit more. I don't see the opposite of fear being love anymore and I'll try to explain what is in my head right now. Love I see more as the antithesis of Hate. They are the strongest emotions I've ever experienced and both lead you to doing silly things. But I've experienced fear while being filled with both Love and Hate, so how can either be fear's opposite.

So what is the opposite of fear? I've recently heard fear being described as anticipation of future pain. I loved this description. I'm starting to now see the opposite of fear as the perfect experience of living right now. Thinking about what fear does for you, it's nothing. The times that you experience fear are never times of...

I just had myself a revelation. I am going to call the opposite of fear, victory. I have no idea why this came to me. When you are experiencing victory, you are perfectly in right now. You want to experience every moment of your victory so you are at home. You are all in that time at that spot. In times of fear, you're looking around the corner, never where you are right now.

My advice to people is going to experience victory, constantly. Love every moment for just that moment. You have won over fear, experience your victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment