Sunday, August 16, 2009

Faith Tested

I'll start in the middle, go to the beginning, and then move to what is going on now, and I'm not sure that I believe it myself, so don't worry if you do or not.

Last night while headed to the Scandanavian Festival in Junction City, a friend of mine was following me but we got separated in the drive. I waited along the side of a road while she caught up and a county sheriff pulled up behind me and turned on his lights. He came to the window of the car and announced that I had expired tags and got the usual array of paper work from me before returning to his car.

I need to jump back to the beginning of this story really quick. In May, a friend of mine had several family members in town from around the country and there was a BBQ at his parents house. While leaving this BBQ I was pulled over for "Failure to Yield". I couldn't find the proof of insurance for the car but the cop didn't see reason to cite me and let me go about my way, there was someone in my car with me, and they will say the same thing here. Apparently I was cited and was to have a court date on June 11th. Without a citation, I had no idea that I was to appear in court and did not. On that date my lisence was suspended without my knowledge and I have been driving in this fashion since.

You would think that they would mail me a notice of suspension, and they very well could have except for a clerical error made by the DMV. When I received my lisence back after several months of suspension, I had moved and was living where I currently do. The address on my ID card was different and therefore I had to change the address. I filled out the paperwork and got my lisence, which nowadays they give you a paper one, and mail you your hard copy. My real lisence was mailed to my current address bearing a different address. How? I'm not sure, but needless to say, I never received a notice and this may well be why.

Fast forward again to last night. The deputy returned to my car to announce that my car was to be impounded, my lisence confiscated, and I was given a very heavy fine for my trouble. The meaning of all of this stuff I may never know, but I must say that I've had enough trouble lately to last two lifetimes and I was beginning to wonder where it would end.

I went to church this morning without any of my usual luster, my enthusiasm to be around people, to get excited about God, and it showed. Several people could see through my fake smile and I just could not focus on anything but asking God Why? I still don't know, but in answer, a very good friend came up to me after service and gave me a much needed gift that pretty much erased any doubts about God that I may have had in walking into church this morning. He asked me not to say what and who, but I figure just that it was very needed and I received it isn't breaking his rules. God provides and not ever the way that you expect him to. Now I just get to figure out how he's going to help me with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment